Monday, August 29, 2011

Sweet Lullabies

So since Reaves was born I've been rocking him at night and singing " Hush little baby don't say a word, mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird, and if that mocking bird don't sing, mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring, and if that diamond ring don't shine mama's gonna buy you a PORCUPINE!"HA HA because I totally don't know the words to the whole song. So I decided to look up lyrics I'm happy to report that I'm now singing.........





Hush, Little Baby

 Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town
 
Not that Reaves even knows what in the heck I'm singing, it's nice to sing the song the whole way through. Because when he gets older he is gonna beg me not to sing!!!!!! I can't carry a tune!
 
Somewhere along the way all the mama's that are actually  up trying to get their babies asleep singing this song changed Papa to Mama!!!!
 
 
Reaves has discovered his feet. He favors his right hand and his right foot! He can't get enough of it!
 





 
He also loves bath time more than ever!!!






 
                                Oh and Sophie the giraffe is his new best friend!
I think he is gonna cut teeth early! Uh oh!
 




Saturday night we went to Raleigh to celebrate my college roommates 30th birthday! They had a Masquerade themed party in downtown Raleigh! Fun Times! Happy Birthday Court and Linds!
Love y'all!








                                   
                                            Happy Happy 30th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment